The standard for the high performance fly reel.
1975 was a hallmark year for the fly fishing world. It was then that Ted Juracsik introduced his first Anti-Reverse Tarpon Reel designated the Billy Pate.
This series now includes three Anti-Reverse models, for rod weights 6-12. No other reel has matched the Billy Pate’s durability and dependability day in day out, year after year, regardless of conditions, locale or species. This precision piece of equipment is designed and constructed to withstand the most demanding fly fishing environments. As with all reels that leave Ted’s shop, the Billy Pate is virtually maintenance free.
While there are over 350 World Records that attest to its performance, you don’t have to be interested in records to appreciate this reel. If you know your fly fishing history, you know this is the reel that set the hook.
- Redesigned Frame Graphics to give you a new fresh up date look
- Large diameter impregnated Main Drag insures ulta-smooth and long wearing performance.
- Double clickers provide two distinct tones to designate line entering or leaving the spool.
- Double anti-reverse dogs provide positive, fail-safe action on all models.
- Rim control for additional braking on all models.
- Our own Backing Groove on each spool helps anglers accurately determine backing capacity.
- Made from solid bar stock aluminum.
- Easy grip, impact resistant Delrin Handle.
- Corresponding Gamefish on each model. Custom Engraving is also available.
- Comes with an extra thick Neoprene Case for easy storage and transportation.
- Finishes: Platinum / Jet Black Spool
- Each reel is serialized for identification and protection.
- Available in 3 sizes
- Made and assembled in the U.S.A.
Sizes, Capacities & Pricing
Weight: 8 oz.
Frame Size: 3.5″ x 1.5″
Rod Weights: 6-7-8
230 yds. with WF6F
215 yds. with WF7F
200 yds. with WF8F
All with 20 lb. backing
Steelhead, Salmon, Bonefish, Permit,
$600 – Extra Spool $215
Weight: 8.2 oz.
Frame Size: 3.5″ x 1.65″
Rod Weights: 7-8-9
300 yds. with WF7F
285 yds. with WF8F
275 yds. with WF9F
All with 20 lb. backing
Salmon, Steelhead, Bonefish, Redfish,
Dorado, Small Tarpon
$625 – Extra Spool $235
Weight: 11.5 oz.
Frame Size: 3.75″ x 1.96″
Rod Weights: 10-11-12
350 yds. with WF10F
320 yds. with WF11F
300 yds. with WF12F
All with 30 lb. backing
Tarpon, Stripers, King Salmon, Dorado, Shark
$670– Extra Spool $245
After each use, Billy Pate reels should be rinsed thoroughly in fresh water. Periodically, especially after extensive exposure to saltwater, the line and backing should be removed and wiped down with a wet cloth to remove salt.
All reels are lubricated at the factory prior to assembly and relubrication is generally not necessary. Tibor Graphite Lube may be used to lubricate the cork drag disc. Complete warranty and maintenance information is included with each reel.
Service Tool Information
A service tool is included with all new Billy Pate Fly Reels. This tool facilitates quick spool changes or futher takedowns. Features of the Service Tool include:
- A wrench for the star nut over the handle on anti-reverse models.
- A properly sized screwdriver blade to prevent screw head damage.
Please note: Exceeding the recommended capacity by over-filling the spool and/or putting line on too tightly or with too much tension may damage the spool and is not covered under warranty. Please refer to the capacity chart above as your guide. Monofilment line is not recommended for use on Tibor reels. Should you have any questions about backing for your reel, please contact your authorized Tibor Dealer.
Complete warranty, maintenance and conversion information is included with each reel, or download complete instructions and a parts list in PDF format here.